OK, definition time.
The following links go to desktops, not “screensavers”.
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP (“Classic” style)
A screensaver is what you see when you leave your system alone for a while. It’s usually a moving image of some kind, possibly with informational text, or maybe just a blank screen. It’s not the same thing as your desktop. If you call your desktop a “screen saver,” I will personally ridicule you for it.
That is all.
Just took this screenshot 5 minutes ago.
Well, it’s X-mas again. And I’m at work; lucky me. At least I’m getting double-time for working, and I even get to spend the entire day with the family afterwards (assuming I can stay awake all day).
Some updates to the site (and in general):
- A link to the other blogs I read is over on the right; look for the “See Bloglines” image (which I had to create myself, because apparently there isn’t already one).
- I think I’m going to just ditch the post categories; I never use them anyway, and they just take up space on the “write post” page.
- It seems the clutch on my truck is going out; I’m hearing an irritating whining sound when I accelerate, and I can’t downshift into 2nd without a lot of effort. I need to decide whether I’m going to fix it, or just buy something new
- House of Flying Daggers is really cool. but I think it’s funny that IMDB has it listed as coming out in 2004; the DVD I “acquired” of it earlier this week was pressed in 2003…
That’s about all for now. Back to the movies I brought to watch tonight (assuming it stays slow):
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. I just ran out of things to say for a long time. Plus, I figure next to no-one actually reads the site on a daily basis, so it’s not like I’ve been depriving anyone.
A few big updates since the end of September:
- I’ve got a Mac now. A nice, shiny, new iBook G4. And boy is it sweet. I’ve never been a windows person, but boy howdy do I like the Mac. OS is just about perfect, hardware IS perfect (except for the one-button mouse, but I’ve found a solution for that.
- I’ve moved the site to a different machine. It’s still hosted on my “really too slow to host a website” RoadRunner connection, but now it’s running on a box that isn’t my workstation. At the time it was a good idea, since my workstation had been crashing all the damn time. I’ve since fixed that (there was apparently a bug in the firmaware of the integraded Ultra ATA-100 controller on my motherboard; a BIOS upgrade got it sorted). New server is running Apache 2 (I forget the exact version, but it’s whatever’s in Sid. Also, while I haven’t done it yet, I’m looking really closely at switching to Qmail for my email. We’ll see how that goes.
You’d think I’d have more updates after a 2-month hiatus, wouldn’t you? Oh, well.
If I come up with anything fun to write later, I’ll probably even post it . . . .