Sarah posted this poll on the myspace bulletin board; here’s my responses.
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Whatever state I left them in.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Yep; free is good. Plus, it’s not like they don’t want you to anyway.
3. Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room?
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
I have done so in the past. Same with the “here, have some coupons” thingys that you get at the grocery store with your receipt.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
a bear; I’m more likely to survive that way
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
It’s about 50/50.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who ask the same questions more than once
11. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
12. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
from time to time. I’ve stopped recently though (at least, I haven’t thought about it)
13. Have you ever peed in the woods?
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
given that I have little to no rhythm (or at least, I feel that way), I’d have to say no.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Like, as in being unconscious? 2 (including myself) in the same physical vicinity with no barriers. If you expand that to the apartment complex, or the city, the number gets much higher.
17. Do you like popcorn from those big tins?
Not really, although I do like Cracker-Jack.
18. What is your “Song of the week” right now?
D’Yer Mak’er by Led Zeppelin
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
It depends on their complexion, but so long as the guy is comfortable wearing the color, I say go for it.
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Only good ones.
21. Whats your favorite scary movie?
heh. “Do you like scary movies?” Um, I just saw one a few days ago that was pretty good; what was it? . . . . bah, can’t remember. I’m gonna go with Sleepy Hollow.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Isn’t that the point of it being “hidden” treasure, that nobody else knows where it is? I’m not telling…
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Water, most of the time. Diet Coke if I’m not at home.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Ooh, too many points to eat those on a regular basis. I’m a big fan of both honey mustard and spicy brown mustard, though.
25. What is your favorite food/ cuisine?
I love all foods, but if I had to choose an absolute favorite, it’d be New York-style pepperoni pizza, dripping with pepperoni grease, folded in half and eaten stooped over on a sidewalk.
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
The Sting, Tron, Groundhog Day (which is funny in itself, don’t ya think?)
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
yeah, right. Like a magazine would ever ask me to do that.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
like, one that I put a stamp on and mailed? No idea. A very very very long time.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
Not only can I, I have.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Yes, but it was only a warning
33. Ran out of gas?
34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
Big thick slices of city ham on a good rustic sourdough, with good homemade mayonnaise and extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Spanish Omelette, although since potatoes are so high in points I also like a french omelette with a bit of gruyere cheese.
36. What is your usual bedtime?
37. Are you lazy?
Are you kidding? I’m surprised I’ve gotten this far in the survey without getting bored.
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for halloween?
A bunch of different things; I know I did Batman one year.
40. How many languages can you speak?
I can carry on a conversation in Spanish, and can probably get by at tourist level in Brazilian Portuguese, and could probably express myself in slightly italian-sounding grunts. American English is my first language.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
No, but I have both Cooks Illustrated and Southern Cooking on my Amazon wish list (hint, hint…)
42..Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
43. Are you stubborn?
Oh yes. When it matters.
44. Who is better…Leno or Letterman?
45. Ever watch soap operas?
46. Afraid of heights?
no, although I am afraid of falling from heights.
47. Sing in the car?
48. Dance in the shower?
I’d prefer not to break my neck, thank you very much
49. Dance in the car?
never done so
50. Ever used a gun?
Yes. Many times.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
In 2003, I believe. Christy and I got our portraits taken for my mom for christmas.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
53. Is Christmas stressful?
It used to, but since it’s shrunk from my extended family to just my parents & my sister (and her guy), it’s a lot easier.
54. Ever eat a pierogie?
No, but I’ve had other kinds of dumplings/filled pastas.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
Lemon Meringue. It’s a shame pecans aren’t considered fruit.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
I never had a definite goal as a kid, but I knew it would have something to do with computers.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
As recently as yesterday.
59. Take a vitamin daily?
I should, but no.
60. Wear slippers?
Nope, barefoot or combat boots, baby!
61. Wear a bath robe?
62. What do you wear to bed?
63. First concert?
TMBG at the Majestic Ballroom during the Apollo 18 tour
64. Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
All three kinda suck, but if I had to choose between just those three, Target.
65. Nike or Adidas?
66. Cheetos or Fritos?
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
68. Ever hear of, “gorp”?
yeah, but I like raisins. It’s way better with M&M’s instead of carob though.
69. Ever take dance lessons?
Yes, I took swing lessons for a while, and I was a flamenco dancer in HS.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Yes. I can see my future spouse being an amazing drama teacher, putting on the creme de la creme of plays for all to enjoy
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
no. I mis-spelled “belay” (or was it “delay”?)
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
74. Own any record albums?
Like, vinyl? Analog is dead.
75. Own a record player?
76. Regularly burn incense?
77. Ever been in love?
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
The Dropkick Murphys (again). If I had to choose someone I haven’t seen before, and can use 100% fantasy, I’d probably go with the Beatles, circa Sgt. Pepper’s
79. What was your last concert you saw?
I can’t remember. Possibly TMBG.
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
81.Tea or coffee?
82.Favorite kind of cookie?
chewy oatmeal raisin
83.Can you swim well?
84.Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
no. I am impatient and lazy at the same time.
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
DJ, because musicians can only learn so many songs, but the Internet is nigh-infinite
87. Ever won a contest?
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
89. Which are better black or green olives?
black olives. the green ones are too bitter
90.Can you knit or crochet?
yes, I can. Although it’s been a very long time since I did either.
91. Best room for a fireplace?
they’re huge heat sinks if they’re inside a house (the heat goes right up the flue), so I’d say on an outdoor porch.
92. Do you want to get married?
93. If married, how long have you been married?
no to the first part.
94. Who was your high school crush?
I’d prefer not to answer that, given that the person may some day find this blog and read the answer to this question.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Not since I stopped being a 2-year-old
96. Do you have kids?
97. Do you want kids?
some day, yes
98. Whats your favorite color?
Black. Yes, it’s a color.
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
100. Who do you wanna see right now?
anyone who doesn’t work for TNI